1. I always have a little bit of a whaaaaaaat moment when I look at my blog stats the day after the one and only Jennifer Fulwiler links to me. And then I take a good long look at my blog from a new visitor's perspective and realize I haven't updated my "About Me" page in a super long time. Here's the update: My kids are now 1 year older and we are still living in a 1,082 square foot apt in the burbs of Baltimore. We live over the leasing office of our apartment building and I do believe they all may shed tears of joy when we leave.
|Do these look like the faces of children who would tap dance on the tile floors|
or throw my acorn squashes around like very heavy footballs? Good.
But seriously, I'll update that page some time. Probably.
2. Because I just can't let a quick takes go by without discussing some medical malady - and FAIR WARNING, if blood makes you queasy, turn back now - a few weeks ago I was getting my blood drawn, and the phlebotomist took a look at the vile after she was done and asked me "Do you have a high fat diet?"
A what now? A diet where you specifically plan to eat all sorts of delicious fatty foods? Is that even a thing?? My eyes glazed over a bit and my brain started conjuring up meal planning pages that looked something like:
Breakfast: Donuts and Bacon
Lunch: Hot dogs and nachos dripping with cheese sauce
Dinner: Cheeseburger and gravy fries
I snapped back to reality when she added "I can see little bits of fat floating around in your blood".
I'm not really even sure how to continue this story right now. I wish I could find a gif of someone prancing around doing a shivery YEEECGHHHH dance.
Any takers on this one? Please assure me this is normal and my arteries aren't clogging as we speak? (By the way, I have an upcoming full panel of bloodwork that includes my cholesterol :) )
I'll try to remember to add "hypochondriac" to that bio page.
3. I had a killer headache today and probably in honor of Blythe's "hot mess Thursdays" we WERE a total hot mess and so I didn't get very far writing anything today and now it's 11pm and I should really go to bed so I can be up for Gewand family roll call at 5am. So to keep things moving, here's a pictorial summary of today:
|This is why we can't have nice things.|
|Ava picked his outfit, and managed to find the only 2 clashers in his decidedly mix and max wardrobe.|
|The table after lunch. It's hard to tell, but that doll is sitting in a plate of an unidentified semi-clear liquid.|
Not pictured: the tube of antifungal ointment that Clare stepped on which sprayed out all over her foot and the floor and was then tracked all around my bedroom.
4. Ridiculous proud mom moment for the week: Clare spontaneously writing "I LAV U AVA" without prompting or assistance:
5. And a picture Ava drew for me this week. I was relieved to confirm she drew "puffy sleeves" on us.
|She's an up and coming Anne with an E.|
6. Emeric's mop is really starting to remind me of Mr. Bingley
7. And let's finish up with something awesome:
Go see Jen for more!