2. Most terrifying project of the week/ever:
|I don't always keep fatal chemicals in my apartment, |
but when I do it's to make sweet mustache wine glasses.
|A perilous journey which resulted in awesomeness.|
3. Most terrifying moment of the week: Clare is allergic to pecans?? I very, very rarely buy baked goods at the store - I am a cookie-a-holic and bake cookies probably 3 or 4 days/week on average, but I was trying to get ready for our trip this week so I gave up and bought some from the store. One box I got was a Pepperidge Farm variety box which included the Geneva cookies - topped with pecans. That was the first choice of both Ava and Clare and after a few bites Clare started crying and told me "the cookie hurts!! It hurts my teeth!!" I thought she bit her tongue, but when I got closer to check out her mouth I realized her face was swelling.
I ran for the Benadryl - expired! I checked the medicine drawer and found the epi-pen left over from her dairy allergy days - expired! Stephen went right to the store for some more Benadryl and thankfully it never escalated beyond lower face/neck swelling. Needless to say, we've got another appointment with the allergist.
My quick internet searches have revealed that tree nut allergies tend to be more highly linked to anaphylaxis and children rarely outgrow them and that the general recommendation is to avoid all tree nuts and peanuts...
I don't really know how to share this sad, sad, sad news so...I'll just say it. Hazelnuts are tree nuts.
|Goodbye to you....|
I also make Nutella crepes ~ 5 mornings a week and she's clearly doing just fine with it, so maybe we'll be allowed to keep that in the diet?? Does anybody reading have any experience with tree nut allergies and have some insight to share??
5. Another question: I might have asked this before, but does anyone have experience with tall feet? Yes...tall. Both Emeric and Ava have a very normal foot length and width, but their feet are thick (like, 4 inches high. Ok maybe 3.) and I can not for the life of me find a baby shoe to fit Emeric. I never found any to fit Ava when she was a baby either, but at that point there was no reason for me not to just carry her everywhere and so her little bare feet never really touched the ground (I'm guessing this had something to do with her not walking until almost 14 months.)
Yet another shoe question - white saltwater sandals - yay or nay? How dingy are these going to look after a few muddy days?
6. I'm on a roll with the questions. Why stop now??
Why do children hate bread crusts?
Why does Clare still refuse to use a pillow at age 2.5?
7. I was crazy excited to see Ashley welcomed her twins (um, I'm a little behind the times here) - one named Emerick!! I might be biased but it's pretty much the best name ever :)
Happy weekend, ya'll! Go see Jen for more fun summer reading.............