(Most of the awesome photos in this post, as always, are by my amazing seester :)
1. My brother got married!
|My children and their exemplary table manners inadvertently incited the first reception kiss.|
These two. I tell ya. I could write a million billion words about how cute and awesome they are, but I'd like to go to sleep sometime before 2am.
2. They had some cute flower girls too.
I think Clare was practicing for her future marriage to Prince George. That or she didn't realize that everyone was not attending for the sole purpose of her grand entrance.
There was also a very handsome groomsman...
And a slightly frazzled woman trying to keep this dancing machine under control:
3. Then we kidnapped my sisters and went home.
And the next day we got the keys to our new...
BAM. House with a yard. DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!! (For the record though...still renting. Womp womp.)
4. The day after we moved all our furniture in, my baby...MY BABY...turned 5. F-I-V-E. Whaaaat!
I could write a million billion words about this girl but I don't want to start crying again tonight...
5. A week later, our carbon monoxide detectors went off...
And the firefighters kindly informed us we had deadly levels of carbon monoxide and really should find other arrangements for the night. So we got to have a slumber party at our old apartment.
|Nothin' here but a big wreath.|
By we I mean the kids and I- Stephen could not attend, as he spent the night in the ER thanks to a cat bite/scratch trying to extract the cats from the poisony house.
6. So we thought we found the leak and fixed it. But no - we were still getting prolonged low readings that were high enough to be harmful but not enough to set off the detectors.
I mean - yeah, it's an Amazon Affiliate link, but I'm doing this because I LOVE YOU AND IT MAY ACTUALLY SAVE YOUR LIFE.
If ya don't got one, git one.
I think I might start to get a reputation for really strange PSAs.
Turns out we needed a whole new water heater...and then I felt a little glad to still be a renter.
7. And all of this I survived...WHILE GROWING A HUMAN.
ETA end of January...ish.
Now go see Jen and ask her how many people have announced pregnancy via Quick Takes!