|I'm one sick hipster. I was drinking OJ without flavor packets |
before it was cool to drink OJ without flavor packets.
2. Speaking of ailments that should be renamed, let's talk about RINGWORM. Somebody please tell me why they gave this such a horribly creepy name. Ava had this mystery rash for close to 2 weeks before I finally got her in to the doctor, and before I knew it was ringworm I was still doing things like shared bath time including towels that regularly get reused and swapped during the week between the girls. And now? I'm amassing burn bags of clothing and buying stock in Clorox. Anyone else ever deal with this? Nobody else in the house has showed any signs of it and I'm hoping against all hope that it's not nearly as contagious as they say it is.
3. I probably shouldn't admit this before Jen chooses winners, since we might be being graded on effort, but I'll let you in on the real story of the #SOTG selfie. The walls were already gone to heck - covered in paint from an art project several months ago, random food smeared on them from being used as a napkin, and from little girls forgetting themselves and "accidentally letting their crayon slip up onto the wall" while they were sitting with their coloring pages at the table. The walls are repainted as standard procedure in between tenants, but they had gotten to the point that it would actually be embarrassing to leave it as is...so we were going to do at least a quick cover layer before we moved out anyway. (Future landlords, take note! We might make a big mess, but we always clean it up again! Kinda like..the Cat in the Hat.) I pushed the table out of the way, handed the kids a pile of chalk and a roll of toilet paper, and told them to have fun. Ava is still so confused about "Why did mommy let us be naughty that one day??"
|These strange hieroglyphics keep appearing in the girls bedroom...|
4. And some outtakes...
5. THE BEST NEWS EVER - I have finally fulfilled a dream that has been stirring in me since Christmas of 1992 when I received a copy of The Guinness Book of World Records as a present under the tree.
That's right - I BROKE A RECORD. With the help of Emeric's buns and a lot of other people. But a record is a record, people.
Thank you to Jennifer K Photography for the photo!
Now for the difficult part - restraining myself from shelling out $25 for a certificate that I would most definitely hang in a prominent and obnoxious location in the house. Forget the diploma, I BROKE A WORLD RECORD!!!!!*
*With 8458 other people and my child's rear end.
6. I was blown away after my post last week - I was honestly expecting everyone to see my post pop up in their feeds and say "Wait...who is this again??" Thank you all SO MUCH for the welcome back - you all are awesome I am SO EXCITED to be blogging again and to catch up with everyone. This blogging community is THE BEST.
7. And on that note - I was lame and didn't get to responding inline to all you "no-reply" bloggers...so if you didn't get a response from me, I'm sorry!!- And pleeeeease update your email address!! (That link will give you a tutorial - thank you to Kendra...and FYI I'm also working on switching my comment system to something different and better...stay tuned...)
That's all, folks! Go see Jen for more!