2. Let's get to the important stuff. I'm assuming that most of you fine readers are familiar with Jen Fulwiler's new book Something Other Than God which is the fantastic story of her epic journey to Catholicism. I mean, I think it's probably fantastic, but I haven't read it yet, despite receiving it in a timely manner on May 1, due to the fact that it was released on the day my hold for The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World ended at the library and I've only been waiting for it for like 4 months and I can't renew it because there is a waiting list and it's like 850 pages and if I don't read it all now I have to get to the end of the line and start over. But like I said, I'm sure it is FANTASTIC.
3. Jen is having a fun little competition for the most epic selfie taken with her book, and despite the fact that I think Kelly's "I don't always read books..." selfie will definitely look best on Jen's shirt, I just can't pass up a competitive opportunity. It must be some sort of weird ENFJ thing.
|So there I was, just reading my book peacefully...and then I turned around.|
4. And now for something completely unrelated, like how I probably missed my calling as an ENT specialist. I have a bizarre obsession with ear canals in particular and my hypochondriac husband (we really are the perfect pair) indulged me in this little treat for mother's day:
|I love it a disturbing amount.|
5. We also have a pulse oximeter. Is that weird?
6. Sometimes medical gizmos like pulse oximeters come in handy when fainting goat disease run in your family. On Wednesday, Clare scraped some skin off of the top of her foot on our bathroom stool. Clare generally fears nothing, which is often to her detriment - but her kryptonite is the dreaded brush burn. The first time she scraped her elbow falling in the parking lot, she refused to even look at it for the 2 weeks it took to heal. She will literally run headlong into the corner of our silestone kitchen countertop, only to hop up and announce "at least I didn't get a brush burn!!" before continuing on her merry way. For whatever reason, brush burns freak her the heck out. So as I was cleaning her foot wound, she suddenly quieted her screams and I looked up and noticed her shaking profusely and starting to slump over - ding ding ding, I know this look. I grabbed her and tipped her back in my arms and her lips were white and the skin all around her eyes was grey. She was limp and her eyes were shut. And even though I know that this is the curse of all the females in my family, I of course I started slapping her cheeks and yelling "STAY WITH ME, CLARE!! STAY WITH ME!!" all dramatically like they do in the movies. She never fully lost consciousness, but gahhhhhhhh. Gahhhhhhh. We've already established I don't handle these kind of moments under pressure very well. Brush burns, man. Who knew?
7. My awesome sister is selling really awesome posters on Etsy. Check them out, especially if you have a dancer or history buff that you need to buy a present for!
TGIF!!! Now go check out Jen for more Quick Takes.......
Note: This post contains Amazon Affiliate links because Rosie makes it look like so much fun. Apparently I can get a small percentage if you happen to buy a product through my links. You know you want that book. Or better yet, an EAR PROBE. ;)