1. Well after waiting for months to do my first quick takes, I procrastinated last Friday and after all the news broke I didn't have the heart to write out the silly nonsense of the week. So much has been written about the tragedy of last Friday, but I think the post that resonated with me the most was this one from Kelle over at Enjoying the Small Things. Also, I LOVE the idea of 26 acts of kindness, and it's making me tear up reading through the twitter feed.
2. Speaking of twitter hash tags, I was cracking up at the trendy #EndOfTheWorldConfession tag today...
3. My sister introduced me to "Kid History" and Stephen and I have been laughing our heads off watching these at night. Basically, they get the kids to tell stories and the adults act them out and the kids voices are dubbed in. Go check out all of "BoredShortsTV" on YouTube, but here's one of their shorts to get you started,you and I'm sorry in advance if this is last year's news or if you've never seen it and I just sucked your evening away because of all of the awesomeness.
4. I absolutely loved Ana's post about how to travel with 3 kids because well...it describes my life perfectly right now...and have to give her mad props for giving me the GREATEST IDEA EVER to remove one of the seats in our minivan to make room for diaper changes and nursing. Seriously. Why didn't I think of this?? Sadly, there is no room to store an extra minivan seat (except maybe as additional living room seating??) in a 2 bedroom apartment with 3 kids so this trick will probably only be pulled out for the long car trips.
5. Crayons. I tell ya. I do my best, but all it takes is that one...ONE...getting knocked under the booster seat where I don't see it and 10 minutes later, bam:
Just in case you are wondering, the rogue crayon is red...the other marks are watercolors. Don't ask me how that one happened.
6. Anyone need a last minute baby Jesus/shepherd? Baby Jesus even comes with an understudy...
7. Last but not least, congratulations to my SIL Anne and her husband George on their new bambino born this morning - I'm an AUNT for the first time ever!!! Looking forward to spoiling and corrupting :)
Go see Jen for more quick takes!!