2. As mentioned before, we got Ava a bow and arrow set for Christmas and much to our chagrin she figured out how to use it.
Look, Ma!! It's my first animated gif!!
I'd just like to retract #3. That's just embarassing.
4. I don't think I realized just how much Dora we had consumed in this household until I found myself trying to remember my grocery list at the store this week and had "milk...coffee...chocolate chips! milk...coffee...chocolate chips!" playing over and over in my head.
Surprisingly though, this memory technique works pretty well.
5. I think I've stumbled across a pretty amazing way to occupy children for hours on end. Spent brownie pans.
That's right. Ava asked to eat the crumbs out of the pan after all the brownies were gone and I kid you not - it kept them busy for at least 45 minutes. That's solid gold in mom time. I feel like there is a business opportunity here - I'll eat the brownies, then send out the pan of crumbs so you don't even have to do the work!! Send your order requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't judge me.
6. I'm tired and I'd like to finish these quick takes before 10pm for once. So here's a lazy take pic of the most adorable 8 week old man you've ever laid eyes on:
I feel like I need to audition him for an e-trade commercial or something.
7. And I'll leave you with the most miraculous picture ever taken of our family. Miraculous because the girls just stood there. Nobody tried to run away, nobody threw a temper tantrum, nobody crossed their eyes or flashed their princess panties, we just stood there and took a picture. And it turned out completely fine. Seriously...Christmas miracle.
Go see Jen for more quick takes!!