1. My heart is heavy today watching March for Life on EWTN. We aren't far from DC and it's hard to be home missing it, but the girls are still recovering from this nasty stomach bug.
And side note, if anyone is planning to attend the march for the first time in coming years...DC Metro + strollers = NO.
2. And while we're mentioning the stomach bug, Brooke suggested cut onions...have you heard of this?? I have no idea what kind of crazy mumbo jumbo this is, but all I can say is that I put one out in the afternoon and all of a sudden everyone was up and playing and the vomiting abruptly stopped??? And nobody threw up the next day either?? Whaaaaaat?!?!
It could just be good timing, but it's pretty strange considering Clare was quite sick for several days and Ava had only been sick for one at that point...hmmm definitely going to be looking into the science on this one...(and THANK YOU Brooke, you probably saved me at least 49 loads of really disgusting laundry...)
3. And here's a picture of me being the worst mom in the world and smiling despite my child's misery. Clare couldn't keep a single thing down on Saturday and I took her into the ER for some IV fluids. By this point she was doing much better and had some anti-nausea meds along with the fluid, but was tiiiicked at the whole experience. I was trying to cheer her up for a pic, but she wouldn't stop with the death stare which was making me giggle a little.
4. I can't believe I neglected to share this in my trip round up last week...my brother modeling his "Gorilla Glue Made in USA" shirt. I uncovered a startling secret about it. Spoiler alert: The shirt hails from a different country than the glue.
Also, if you are looking for a much more beautiful recap of our weekend, I must refer you to my lovely sister Em.
5. I recently found the food blog Yammie's Noshery and I'm in love. This week she posted a recipe for maple bacon chocolate chip cookies, which inexplicably look delicious to me. Excuse me while I go take a pregnancy test.
6. I felt the need to establish some family rules this week.
7. As Jen mentioned, some bloggers are "going dark for life" today, but when I checked the link up at 7:42am there were already 53 entries??? As you may have noticed, I tend to be a bit of a night owl with my posts. I feel like I'm still kind of new to this whole Quick Take thing, but I naively thought I might actually have a shot this week at one of the first 100 spots. Boo.
So go read the 700+ other takes that were post before me.