Friday ritual time!!
1. I was juuuust about to congratulate myself on managing to be the only one in the family to stay healthy through an entire flu season when I finally met my sick destiny. I'm still not exactly sure what is going on - possible mastitis? My fever maxed out at 103.7 the other night and all I know is:
1. I thought I was dying
2. I am an overly dramatic hypochondriac.
I haven't had a fever that high since I was a kid and I think this will help my empathy powers the next time the girls get sick.
2. Despite the fact that I honestly think this illness has been worse than labor (Look at me smiling! A few hours and it was all over!) I can't help but feel incredibly blessed right now. I have the best family ever - and I want to say a HUGE thank you to Stephen's family for having us over for a wonderful long weekend and to my mom and sisters for cancelling all their plans at the drop of a hat and coming over to do my laundry and make me Nutella crepes twice a day while I recover.
|Is it ok to eat Nutella during Lent??|
(And thanks dad for letting me steal the ladies of the family!!)
3. Speaking of our trip, we finally got to introduce Emeric to Stephen's family and got to meet my very first nephew (who is 7 weeks Emerics junior)
Go ahead and try to tell me that is not the cutest thing you've ever seen in your entire life.
4. I learned a very important lesson this week. I....am not a hairdresser. None of our children had ever had a haircut, and after 3.5 years Ava's was getting a bit scraggly on the ends (side note - scraggly is a real word?? I thought I just made that up...) I know a lot of people cut hair at home, and I know the cost of haircuts for all the kids is going to add up over the years so I thought I'd take a stab at it.
|This right here took 20 minutes. |
And her hair was not even when I was finished.
Should have known this wouldn't work - I can't even cut paper in straight lines. And paper doesn't wiggle.
5. The awkward photo link up still needs some love. Come on, I promise to only laugh a little! Besides, do you really have anything worse than this??
|Yeah, I didn't think so.|
6. Stephen sends me an awful lot of strange web sites throughout the week, but this is probably the most random one I've seen in quite a while.
7. Guess what I got for Valentine's Day...
Awww yeah :)
So far it looks like it's a killer week for Quick Takes, so go see Jen for all the rest!!