1. What could I possibly talk about first besides POPE FRANCIS!! We live near a really amazing Franciscan Friary that decided to host a "Papal Election Party". When the white smoke appeared, everyone was invited to come watch the announcement together on the big screen with them. I had some errands to run and had gotten the girls all ready to go while we were waiting for the smoke. I sat down to nurse Emeric in front of the TV before we left (a rare exception to our Lenten Resolutions...) and told the girls if the smoke was black we would go shopping and if it was white we got to go to the POPE PARTY!!
|I think this picture was taken right after the name "Francis" was announced :)|
If we hadn't been all ready go out anyway, I don't think we would have gone...but I'm so glad we did. The little dance party the girls and I had at home was fun, but the joy of sharing the news with a roomful of Catholic friends was unmatched. And you can imagine the way the room erupted in cheers and looks of disbelief when the name Francis was announced - since you know, the party was held at a Franciscan Friary and all - I'm still giddy!!
2. I wasn't sure if the girls would really grasp all that was going on, but I figured I should at least try to give them an overview. Wednesday morning we held our own election so they could get a handle on what "voting" means - Clare won, in case you were wondering. Then Ava got a little disgruntled and said she wanted to be Pope. Then I explained that among other things, she had to be much older and a man. So she declared herself to be the "Princess Pope". Go for it, girl.
Much to my surprise, they were completely interested in the whole thing. Clare is still randomly running up to me shouting "SO EXCITED!! WE HAS A POKE!!!"
That is not a typo, she really can't say Pope.
And Ava might have told Stephen we were going to a "poop party" when we called him on the way out the door.
But anyway, they kinda get it.
3. Because there are clearly not enough pictures in this post, and because Jen got to do it, here is Jamie in Argentina:
|Wine tasting in Argentina, because I want Jen to think I'm cool too.|
I also found this picture:
|I appear to have taken a picture of myself with a happy meal...in Argentina.|
Youth really is wasted on the young, isn't it?
4. I got to finally meet Rosie in person last weekend and Meg was there to hang out too - need I say AWESOME?!! How did we not get a picture of the three babies together?? (Could it have something to do with the fact that there were 7 children under the age of 4 we were trying to keep track of??) While Ava has been chattering away this week about her new friends, Clare mainly has one comment about the whole thing: "I ate chalk. The blue."
She also might have been chewing the pole to their bird house.
On a completely unrelated note, anyone know anything about Pica???
5. Remember my little tab problem? Stephen sent me the link for this awesome new Chrome Extension called OneTab - and while it's pretty amazing, I also feel like it's kind of an enabler. Jury is still out on this one.
6. I AM getting those 5 things/Liebsters done tomorow. Seriously. I am REALLY excited to do them, I just realized that unless I am given a deadline - nothing gets done. So I have given myself a deadline. It's tomorrow. Watch out world.
7. My friend's husband was in a very serious ATV accident this week - prayers for their family right now would be most appreciated.
That's all I've got. Go see Jen for lots more!!!